Gawa Christian School (a campus of NT Christian Schools Association) provides distinctly Christ centred Education for Indigenous children living in the northern homelands of Elcho Island in Arnhem Land. Gawa Christian School values education of the whole person. We delight in the gifts and talents that God has given each of us and aim to meet individual academic, spiritual, emotional and physical needs of all our students.
NT CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS ASSOCIATION (NTCSA) VISION
Christian communities, learning together to live life as God intended, offering hope for the world
GAWA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL MISSION
The mission of Gawa Christian School is to be a learning community where God is glorified in everything we do.
GAWA CHRISTIAN SCHOOL : AIMS
Students and school:
- To inspire and equip this generation of children to express Christ together at school, home and abroad.
- To develop the intellectual potential of each student and help them to reach their full potential using their God given talents, skills and abilities.
- To develop self disciplined, wise, kind and happy students.
- To value and respect each student as a unique person gifted by God.
- To assist students to appreciate their rich cultural heritage.
- To develop and nurture students positive attitude towards themselves and others.
- To provide a supportive and nurturing environment for schooling that translates to enthusiastic students full of hope for their own futures.
- To encourage excellence in our students and in our teachers .
Parents, grandparents and community:
- To encourage a genuine fellowship between school and community.
- To facilitate positive relationships amongst all members of the school community (staff, students, parents and community members and elders).
- To develop a school that meets the specific needs of the community and achieves genuine two way learning.
- To encourage Christian parent direction and involvement in the school.